Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Conversation with Alexa

mocnarf

Conversation with Alexa
« on: November 10, 2017, 11:41:08 pm »
Can Alexa carry on a conversation.
If I was to say "Alexa, ask me a question about current affairs."  Would Alexa carry on a conversation? 

malliekm

Re: Conversation with Alexa
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 12:17:25 am »
No, Alexa is not going to ask you a question but I believe she can now do contextual conversations tho (which sound more natural)

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 03:48:57 am »
no ai can do that at this time.   

AlanH

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 12:33:02 pm »

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 04:30:14 pm »
no ai can do that at this time.
One day...
https://www.eviebot.com/en/

I agree one day.  it will take a combination of cameras with facial recognition,  motion sensors and the echo. 

asianrocker

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 12:58:01 pm »
Okay. I use your same question on all 3 AIs I have. Of course the worst answerer is - Alexa!! With her 'I don't knows'. Ugh.  ::)

Google and Cortana just pull up current affairs word. But... I did ask all of them what they think of current president. LOL Cortana wins!! She has the most comedic response. If you have Cortana try it. Oh wow further searching of Cortana's answer, it actually is true. There you go, Cortana wins with the most accurate(?) answer, I guess, for an AI.

Cortana actually answered me in a full sentence, too. No search pull up like Google did.

Yap Cortana is the only one answering me coherently with my Hillary and Obama question, too.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 01:32:41 pm by asianrocker »