Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Unknown Voice in Voice History

Unknown Voice in Voice History
« on: June 13, 2024, 07:59:30 am »
Hi,
I'm not quite sure how to say this, but I think my Echo device picked up a ghost asking it to turn a light on.

The device in question is in my little boys room. It was the middle of the night about 20 past midnight. Heading to the loo I heard his Alexa say (A few devices share the name light) Which we have a few but none are simply called 'Light'. No one was in the room at the time, baby boy was in our room in our bed.

When I looked back through the voice history for that time of night a male muffled male voice can be heard saying 'Alexa, turn the light off'. Ever so faintly with a lot background gain. The voice history then has a few entries of audio not being understood.

Basically, do we actually have a ghost, or is there a way that device can record a voice that isn't actually there through hacking! Help!

Thanks,

Offline jwlv

Re: Unknown Voice in Voice History
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2024, 12:49:25 am »
Probably a ghost if you believe in that sort of thing. How old is the house? Have you noticed any strange happenings since you moved into the house?

There is a hack where someone can send an inaudible ultrasonic command to Alexa from outside of the house. It has been documented since 2017. Here's an article about it: https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/7/16265906/ultrasound-hack-siri-alexa-google