Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Two Echo Dot 5s Each Set Up With Different Account?

Offline TLW

Two Echo Dot 5s Each Set Up With Different Account?
« on: August 10, 2024, 12:50:13 pm »
Hi

My husband and I have two Echo Dot 5s and we want them to be set up with one on my account and one on my husbands account but so far I am having a singular lack of success. Is there any way to do this or have we just wasted our money getting a second device? At present I'm beginning to I'd wish never heard of Alexa since getting them set up as we want is currently seeming like a desire too far and will NEVER be achieved. IF there is a way to set up our Echo Dots as we want could someone please let us know how the hell we can do it. Many thanks.

TLW

Re: Two Echo Dot 5s Each Set Up With Different Account?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2024, 09:59:17 am »
You have to start at the far end and work your way forward.

1. You need two, separate, Amazon accounts (different email addresses)

2. If the Dots were purchased at the same time, from one account, they were probably preloaded with the details of that account, so you would have to de-register that Dot from the first Amazon account then perform a 'factory reset' on the Dot you're going to move to the alternate account.

3. Make sure the Dots are not on the same network at the same time during set up (ie: unplug the first Dot) and then set up the second Dot (the one that has been reset) with the second account.  This means the Alexa app on your phone/tablet has to already be logged into the second account.  Once things are set up in each Dot you should be able to run them on the same network.

Hopefully, this helps

Kyle